Monday, October 4, 2010

Canadian Identity Test

What makes me Canadian? I think that the most important characteristic of Canadians is pride, and I am definitely very proud to live in such a unique country. Canada is a full of so many different cultures and races, and I think that part of being Canadian is accepting and experiencing as many of these cultures as possible. I am always interested in field trips to Chinatown or First Nations speakers, because they represent the Cultural Mosaic that is Canada. I also believe that all Canadians are very polite, and I hope I'm no exception. I know that Canadian politeness is a stereotype in other countries, and I think it's true because whenever my family goes to the United States people recognize us as Canadians. I also think that an important part of Canadian Identity is our peaceful nature. We are the country that helps people during wars instead of fighting, and I think that reflects on us citizens as well, because I am a peaceful person, just like most other Canadians. Overall, I think that Canadian Identity for me means polite and peaceful, but still a very strong country with proud citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment